Kodachrome color slide mount imprinted date on it of Feb 1966. First UCSC Library Office on campus was in the south wing of the Carriage House. Labeling is in Wendell Simons' handwriting: "UCSC Carriage House 1965 / 1st library on campus / south wing of Carriage House". Wendell was the founding AUL. The other two slides of this photo were already bound but probably had same imprinted date since typed labels had 1966. The Cowell family kept their riding horses and carriages in this building, originally a drive-through barn-like structure. The building has been remodeled extensively by the university for administrative uses.
Regents of the University of California
Digital Publisher & Contact Info
University of California, Santa Cruz. McHenry Library, Special Collections. 1156 High Street. Santa Cruz, CA, 95064. (831) 459-2547. firstname.lastname@example.org